Why is respect important? This is the topic of this post, which is an important thing. Respect is very important and good thing to act upon.
Firstly, What is respect?
- We can say it is how you treat others well. Respect requires listening for what others want to say and try to understand them. Respect requires caring for others too. It also requires showing a gratitude for others and being thankful for the ones who are doing something for you or doing some service for you.
- Respect can never be exclusive to one profession or one type of service. We must respect all people whatever their work was.
- There should be no profession that needs special respect. Somehow, we think that some profession like judges requires a little more respect and that isn’t true. This is hypocrisy.
Why is respect important?
- There is one main reason for that in my opinion and that is I want others to respect me and I should treat others the way I want them to treat me.
- So, we must respect all other people. However, it gets difficult sometimes 🙂
- It isn’t smart or wise to respect a racial or a stupid. However, we must respect their humanity and we can disrespect their racial and stupid talks and ideas all the way.
- When someone says a racial or a stupid thing I will try hard to respect him, but I won’t respect his word. And I should make him feel that I have respect for him.
- The absence of respect makes us nervous. When someone disrespects us, we mostly get angry and nervous which can make us do wrong actions or say bad words that we might regret. So, we should always be respectful to others
Respect and fear
- There is a big difference between respect and fear. If my son respects me he will tell me when he does something wrong and he won’t if he fears me. Fear can trigger lying and hide a truth, respect doesn’t.
- Fear makes us want to avoid. Respect will make us engage.
- If I fear someone I won’t sit and chat with him. I might even hate him, but can’t say it in his face because he will hit me with the nearest object his hand can hold 🙂
- I would like to set and chat for a long time with the ones I respect.
Quotes about respect
- “Only those who respect the personality of others can be of real use to them” Albert Schweitzer
- “I’m not concerned with your liking or disliking me . . . All I ask is that you respect me as a human being” Jackie Robinson
- “You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view – until you climb into his skin and walk around in it” – Atticus Finch, To Kill a Mockingbird “a great novel by the way”
- “Nothing is more despicable than respect based on fear” Albert Camus
- “A lot of the powerful religious leaders, from Jesus to Buddha to Tibetan monks, they’re really talking about the same things: love and acceptable, and the value of friendship, and respecting yourself so you can respect others” Jena Malone
Hope this was interesting